While waiting for my energy refill in Mafia Wars, I chanced on this blog entry about an adventure race organized by Development Bank of the Philippines to promote the RORO (road roll-on, roll-off) Terminal System. It's going to be held on May 15-20, 2009 and will have stops at the following destinations:
- Surigao del Norte
- Negros Occidental
- Oriental Mindoro
It's like the closest thing you'll get to "Amazing Race" and the other magnificent detail about this race is that a whopping 1 Million pesos - tax free awaits the grand prize winners. Naturally, I would have jumped at the chance of joining since I meet all the eligibility requirements except for #2. Aww..how sad. Nah, seriously, it's #4, but then, I knew if really want to join, I can work something out. The race also requires that you have a partner. I have several people in mind already who can be my partner. I guess it's just a matter of wanting to be part of this race. Anyway, I'm not really sure I'll be joining so I will just pass this information around and hope, one of you will join and tell us about it when you're finished.
1. The race is open to all Filipinos aged 18 years old and above at the time of application.
2. All applicants must be in good physical and mental health.
3. All applicants must have no fear of heights. - who's afraid of heights now? I just conqured my acrophobia last week.
4. All applicants must be licensed drivers.
5. All applicants must know how to swim and bike.
Employees, officers, and directors of the Development Bank of the Philippines, its ad
agencies, and suppliers and all their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity are not eligible to join.
Click here for more details.http://dbprororace2009.multiply.com/