|Sibulan Airport near Dumaguete's city center|
|The elevated tricycle along with motorbikes are the main mode of transportation|
in the city.
|Of all the trees along this airy boulevard, this is the one I fell in love with. :) I am |
amused how its branches stretches upward, like it's embracing the sky.
|Lookie, scattered cloud formations! :)|
|Breakfast is served at Sans Rival Bistro from 7AM-10AM which is right next door to|
its cafe, Sans Rival Cakes & Pastries which opens at 9am. Sans Rival Bistro is quite elegant with waiters and chandeliers inside,a nice place to dine with a group.
|Cookie Monster cake and a nice cup of brewed coffee at Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries. |
I can't believe this delicious cake's only 29 Pesos while the cup of joe's at 30 Pesos!
|My first "meal" in Dumaguete (55 Pesos)|
Those who love old buildings will also be intrigued with the Spanish inspired interiors of Cafe Antonio. Located at the second floor of the Spanish Heritage building along the corner of Santa Catalina and San Juan Street, one can find paintings and other interesting decors. It's open 10AM-11PM, Monday-Saturday. Food I tried was decent although it's nothing that I'd be missing. I'm willing to go back and try more though.
|Romantic ambiance at Patio Victoria inside Cafe Antonio|
Daghan salamat Dumaguete! :)
Travel Notes :
- Van from Canlaon City to Dumaguete departed at 11:00 AM and took 4 hours (185 Pesos). The terminal's near the city center and here's where you can also find the Ceres buses back to Bacolod city and to the nearby province of Cebu. The scenic route passes by the national highway which has really awesome views of the turquoise waters of Tañon Strait. There's also several resorts along the way.
- If going back to Manila, take a tricycle to Sibulan Airport (it costs 50 Pesos/trike if you're at Hibbard Avenue where Harold's Mansion is). Airport Terminal fee's 75 Pesos as of (Sept. 2013).
Budget Accommodation in Dumaguete :
- If you're on a budget and traveling solo, try Harold's Mansion. It offers clean single rooms with t&b at 400 Pesos/night and comes with a free continental breakfast & unlimited cups of coffee at tea from 6AM-10PM. Breakfast is served at its roof deck, an airy open space with a great view of Mt. Talinis, one of the highest peaks in Negros island. From here, you can walk to Ibiza bar, Siliman University and the famous Rizal Boulevard (a 15 minute walk). Trike drivers know this place a lot as it's a fave among backpackers.
- Other good places to stay is Bethel Guesthouse (across Rizal Boulevard, really good location and close to restaurants) and One Bethany Place (a 10-Pesos trike ride away from Rizal boulevard) and walking distance from the pasalubong center, Sidlakang Negros Village.
- For other accommodation options, check out this helpful blog, Explore Dumaguete
Pasalubong Shopping :
Sidlakang Negros - along E.J. Blanco Drive in Piapi showcases delicacies and crafts from Negros Oriental
Bong Bong's - Robinson's Mall
Dumaguete Travel Itinerary? Pinoy Adventurista shared these very informative posts: :)
Pinoy Adventurista : Travel Guide to Dumaguete City
Pinoy Adventurista : Food Trippin in Dumaguete City