I’ve been wanting to try archery ever since I saw the Philippine Archery team in Philsports Arena where I used to go for a morning run. The team had started setting up just as I was finishing my last round on the track. It was a quiet scene, no balls being kicked around, no coaches yelling what to do and no loud banters. They raised their bow quietly, maintained their focus and hit the target. As someone who spent their adolescent years playing in a football team where yelling was mandatory as field was enormous, it was appealing. I supposed I’m just being human, drawn to what's different. :P
|Inside Kodanda Archery Range|
Opened in July 2013, this 7-lane, fully air-conditioned facility inside a mall gives everyone who's at least 7 years old and above a chance to try out archery. The rate of 550 Pesos/hour is inclusive of international-standard equipment, protective gear and basic coaching from expert instructors. You need to pay an additional Php30.00 for the target paper though which you can bring home after, so it sums up to 580 Pesos which is still cheaper compared to other ranges in the city. There is no membership required which is great if you just want to try it at least once. (Php 200.00 is the range rental per person, per hour if you your own gear.)
Group packages up to 15 people are also available which would be a good bonding activity for peers or families.
|They also have a shop where you can buy bows, arrows and novelty items related to archery.|
|Unlike the rest of my companions who hit the bull's eye on their first session, |
I completely missed it, I'll get it next time! :P
- In the 2012 London Olympics, two of the eleven-member Philippine contingent, Mark Javier and Rachel Anne Cabral, are proud archers.
- Syd Fraginal, a former Philippine National Team archer who was once a record-holder in the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games is a full-time coach at Kodanda Archery Range.
- Kodanda Archery Range now holds Fun Shoot Competition almost every month.
- There's a branch of Aida's Chicken on the floor above Kodanda where you can eat after your work-out. :P Aida's a popular chicken joint in Bacolod, my fave! Aida's branch here in Makati serves more dishes but twice as expensive but service and food is good.
Rubber shoes or a footwear with a good grip is a must. Slippers not allowed. You don't want to slip on the floor in the middle of shooting an arrow. :P Wear something comfortable. remember, you will be raising one of your elbows most of the time.
Keep in Mind :
Archery requires focus so avoid disruptive noise. Do not talk in a loud voice while others are shooting. Do not talk to another archer who prefers to be silent. Do not disturb people with loud mobile phone ringtones or speaking on the phone.
- Php6,000.00 for ten (10) sessions, one (1) hour per session
- Student will be issued a Certificate of Completion after the ten (10) sessions
- Fees include the use of the archery range, rental of international-standard equipment and protective gear, and target paper.
- Dedicated coaching on basic or advanced archery from one of our expert instructors:
- Syd Nerickzon Fraginal ( former Phil. player, sea games record holder)
- Ronalyn Alvarez (former NCR Team member, Palarong pambansa winner)
- Ronna May Alvarez (former member of developmental team of the Phil.)
- Sessions will be adjusted to the student’s schedule
Contact Information :
Reservations and further inquiries, call +63(02)621.9109 and (0932)843.6614, look for May.
Email address : email@example.com
Facebook page: Kodanda Archery Range