- Other Apps
As I enjoy indulging in budget accommodations, posh hotels with endearing bellboys are what I normally don't get to relish. This doesn't mean I detest classy hotels because there's definitely a reason behind the premium pricing. I wouldn't mind staying somewhere really nice for a break from all that roughing up, especially when the cash I earned doesn't have to go out of my own pocket. ;)
Last month, along with six other travel bloggers and two model families, we went around Baguio to take photos of tourist spots which can be enjoyed by a family or a group of friends. The assignment was from Azalea Residences, who took care of our stay, meals and transportation from Manila. This post is not out of gratitude but because I truly enjoyed my stay with them and hope to share this delightful experience with you. :)
Here are the things I loved during my stay here :
1. Cozy interiors - each room is made to look like a home and contains a kitchen & dining area, sofa (and in bigger rooms - a separate living room), private t & b, refrigerator, microwave oven, electric cooktops with range hood, iPod docking station, LCD TV and DVD Player, Cable TV, phone, Mini bar, hair dryer, no aircon here but it's quite cold inside anyway, iron and ironing board. The sizes of the rooms are between 30-75 sqm. and rates start at 6,000 Pesos for Deluxe rooms and 15,000 Pesos for a three-bedroom suite. They also offer cheaper rates during off-peak season.
|Dimly lit rooms with your own television|
We stayed in a 75 sqm. three bedroom suite which I was happy to share with blogger friends. I wished I had more time to hang around the room because it's really relaxing inside, like being in your own condo that you don't have to clean. :P
2. Toiletries - most hotels will provide you with the basics such as lotion, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and toothbrush but not everyone will supply you toiletries with good quality. Azalea Residences provides their guests with shampoo, conditioner, shower gels from Archive, a brand which specializes in aromatherapy blends. Since I am a fan of hotel toiletries that come in cute bottles, I tested everything and was satisfied with it especially since the shampoo and conditioner smelled like green tea and kept my hair moist while the body lotion is in grapefruit scent, easy to apply and not sticky at all.
|Bath essentials from Archive|
3. Breakfast buffet - we stayed in Baguio for 3 days and each morning, I wake up excited to head towards Tradisyon, the restaurant where the breakfast buffet is set. I love the variety of options available. You can have pancakes (which is quite good and very fluffy too), omelette prepared upon request, soup, salad, rice, fried dishes, cereals and my favorite part - unlimited coffee refills of brewed coffee! :)
|I truly enjoyed the coffee and food here. I can dine here for hours!|
4. Location - I love that it's easy to get in and out of the hotel even without a private car. It's located along Leonard Wood loop, 10-15 minutes away from SM Baguio and the Victory Liner terminal with trips from Manila. It's a few blocks from the main road too (Leonard Wood road) so you don't hear the traffic.
5. Staff - as popular as its rooms are the friendly staff who give you a heartfelt smile all the time. You don't feel as though they're after tips or a great review. They give you enough space to enjoy the place and instantly available when you need them.
You bet I will be back for a staycation. :)
For more information about Azalea Residences, visit their website : http://www.azalea.com.ph/ (You can also check them out on Facebook - Azalea Residences)
Address : #7 Leonard Wood Loop, Brgy. M. Roxas, Baguio City
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also read the reviews from Trip Advisor here.
Watch out for the opening of Azalea Residences in Boracay, Davao, Cebu, and Angeles! :)
Shout out to my fun companions (click on the links to visit their blogs) : Batang Lakwatsero, Lauren, Erick Dantoc, Rocel, Dong Ho, Pinoy Adventurista
Special thanks to Darwin of TrackingTreasure.Net who referred me to this assignment, Star , nurse Anjela, chef, kuya Leo and to the rest of Azalea Residences for making us feel at home. :)
Read about what we did during our stay here.