*reposting from the BBBS website:
This year's venue would be the community in Mt. Asog, Buhi, Cam Sur
It's a joy to watch children running around and playing in the streets. However, for many children in the Philippines who are in the streets, it is not a school holiday, but a harsh reality - their parents can not afford to buy them enough school supplies to send them to school.
The Big Brother Big Sister (BBBS) Community Outreach Program, conceived in the year 2005, is here to fill that need for these children, especially those who live in remote mountain areas. Each year, sponsors and volunteers carry the school supplies and trek through mountain trails to give them to the children in person. On May 16-17 this year, BBBS will visit the communities of Mt. Asog in Buhi, Camarines Sur to distribute school packs to the children.
For only THREE HUNDRED PHILIPPINE PESOS (P 300.00) or approximately SEVEN U.S. DOLLARS (USD 7.00), a big brother or sister may sponsor one student's school supplies for one year.
FIVE HUNDRED children need big brothers and big sisters like YOU!
Now on its fifth year, BBBS owes its success to donors and volunteers who earnestly heeded the call for big brothers and sisters. Through their generosity, BBBS brought hope to 295 children in Itogon, Benguet in 2005, 535 children in Lacub, Abra in 2006 and 500 kids in Tanudan, Kalinga in 2007.
In 2008, BBBS went to two remote mountain areas in Benguet: Taba-ao, Kapangan and Palina, Kibungan, reaching out to 700 children.
Your pledge might just be what is needed for that little push in the right direction—to keep the kids in school. Kindle the flames of hope for a better tomorrow… Click here to know the details on how to become a volunteer or donor.
OR IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CLICK THE LINK..CONTINUE READING HERE:
| || |
Account Name: ROBERT JOSEPH TORRES
Account No. : 6220088882
Banco de Oro, Sienna-Del Monte Branch
409 Del Monte Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines
If deposits will be made from outside the Philippines, just specify the Bank Swift Code: BNORPHMM
Account Name: JOANNE MAE DEL MINDO
Account No.: 3029-0176-61
Bank of the Philippine Islands, BPI Card Center
Ground Flr., BPI Credit Card Bldg.
8753 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City, Philippines
If deposits will be made from outside the Philippines, just specify the Bank Swift Code: BOPIPHMM
Please keep the deposit slip for reference.
Kindly inform us the date and amount of the deposit through:
Joanne Del Mindo +639163444404 or
Marilet de Guzman +639299684441
To register, please send an e-mail with the following information:
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Home Address
- Birthdate (year of birth optional)
- Blood Type
- Shirt Size (S-M-L-XL)
- Are you a mountaineer?
- In case of emergency:
- Contact Person
- Contact Number
- Preferred repacking date (April 25 or May 9)
- Who do you prefer to be grouped with? (as a guide only, subject to change)
Please send those details to:
- April 28, 8pm - briefing for non-mountaineers at Conference Room A, 4th Floor, Makati Stock Exchange Bldg., Ayala cor. Makati Ave., Makati City.
- May 5, 8pm - Team pre-climb meeting at the Penthouse Flr., Makati Stock Exchange Bldg., Ayala cor, . Makati Ave., Makati City. Attendance is a must! No preclimb, no climb! Reserved slots will be given to those on waitlist.
- April 25 or May 9, 9am - repacking of the school supplies. All volunteers joining the trek are required to help in at least one repacking session. No repacking, no climb! Reserved slots will be given to the waitlist. Venue is at 200 Danny Floro St. (formerly Canley Road), Pasig.
Registration fee for each volunteer is P2400.
The fee includes:
- Transportation from Manila to Naga & Naga to Buhi
- Climb-related fees
- Transportation from Buhi to Pili
- Lunch on May 17 at Camsur Watersports Complex (CWC)
- Transportation from Pili to Manila
- BBBS T-shirt
- Sponsorship of one child.
You may deposit the registration fee to:
Account Name: SHARON D. R. PONIO
Account No.: 3769-0106-44
Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands, Pacific Star
Kindly text Sharon at 09178010033 to inform us the date and amount of the deposit and please bring the deposit slip during the pre-climb meeting on May 5 as proof of payment
For other volunteer information, you may contact:
- Sharon Ponio:
firstname.lastname@example.org or +639178010033
- Angel Constantino:
email@example.com or +639175375276
- Medi Nazar:
NOTE: All volunteers joining the trek are required to attend at least one of the two repacking sessions and the team pre-climb meeting.
No repacking, no pre-climb—no climb!
| || |
| || |
For only THREE HUNDRED PHILIPPINE PESOS (Php300.00), you will be able to sponsor one student’s school set which contains the following items: 1 knapsack, 7 notebooks, 4 ball-point pens, 4 pencils, writing pads, crayons, sharpener and ruler
| || |